During his 16-album tenure with
from 1958-63, Cannonball Adderley was given free rein to record whatever he wanted (a far cry from his previous dictatorial recording experience with EmArcy Records). He was even deployed by Keepnews as an A&R scout who brought to the label Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Heath, and Blue Mitchell, among others. The tunes on this compilation represent only a drop in the bucket of the prolific recording the alto saxophonist did for
. Highlights include "Work Song," "African Waltz," "Things Are Getting Better," "Jive Samba," and "Star Eyes."
Each CD also contains a FREE full-length bonus disc featuring other great Riverside artists.
[Included in ALL listed titles]
1. Bobby Timmons - Dat Dere (5:22)
2. Wes Montgomery - Airegin (4:25)
3. Chet Baker - Soft Winds (6:26)
4. Bill Evans Trio - My Foolish Heart (4:56)
5. Charlie Byrd - Desafinado (2:29)
6. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Thermo (6:46)
7. Thelonious Monk - Bemsha Swing (7:42)
8. The Cannonball Adderley Quintet - Bohemia After Dark (7:34)